Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bike Gear

Helmet Nolan N102 which saved half of my face, my eye, my cheeks and my chin. The VPS (tinted flip visor) is so well constructed that even though it looks flimsy did not break off. Only the ear piece cover came off and I lost it. The best feature of this helmet is its anti fog system, a second layer of clear visor which works well even in heavy downpour. Keeps my head safe, dry with good visuals and in comfort.

Bought in Singapore by a dear friend for SGD 280, about RM700.


The Spada padded jacket. Mangled at the shoulders saving a lot of skin and possible dislocation of my bones. Looks heavy and hot but is not. Its vented and wearable even in the hot humid Kuala Lumpur weather.

Bought in London for GBP100, about RM700.

The gloves without which I will not be able to type this entry as I am certain that without its protection, my intimacy with the tarmac will cause my hands to experience severe abrasive injury.
Bought in Singapore for SGD 29, about RM70.
The boots protects my feet from abrasion and crushing.
Bought in 1 Utama for RM140 during sale.

Finally the Tumi bag which protects my camera, PDA and errr cigarettes. The most important contribution of this piece of kit is that its totally waterproof. I've used other bags before which just could not take the rain that I endure in my daily commute. This one does.

Bought in StarHill for RM980.

All of them works. I have tried quite a few but I am sticking with these for the time being.

3 comments:

The Boonster said...

hey there buddy...

Came across your blog sometime ago... I've been in a similar situation before many years ago (when I was still a little boy la) after SPM.

Hope you get well soon!

J.T. said...

I am impressed with that helmet's 'toughness'. That certainly saved you from further damage. Looking at what happened to your padded jacket, injuries could have been worse.
And that bag! It protected all your valuables (err.. including ciggies).

Seems like you wore bike gear that protected you all around. Stick with what works for you. :)

Apandi Reviews said...

boonster, SPM, wooo, that's like a lifetime ago for me. Thanks.

JT, I am really really thankful for these stuff...