Sunday, July 1, 2007

Lake Club @ Pool Side

As promised, for JT and all those expat Malaysians out there so far away from home that only memories of the aroma and taste lingers on the tip of your tongue.... he he he

View from where we were seated at the Lake Club Pool Side Restaurant on a fine Saturday afternoon right after a "gruelling" meeting of the IKMAL Council.





The food served at the place came from hawker stations which ring the eating areas. The eight of us ordered an eclectic mix of dishes and asked for empty plates to share the food. It was pure luck that I was not asked to do the ordering because most likely I will end up ordering everything...

The mee goreng mamak is one of the better ones that I have tasted. The kuey tiau came with generous crunchy sprouts and fresh cockles. The fried rice was just OK but the fried oyster and the grilled stingray is scrumptious.

The drinks were good too, young coconut, fruit juices, ABC and cendol, to name a few. Nice place, good food, good ambiance. Unfortunately only open for members.

7 comments:

J.T. said...

Oh you cruel, cruel man! I could smell those dishes. The mee goreng mamak looked yummylicious. ohhhh... fried oyster and grilled stingray. Stop please... :)

I will seriously have to get down to cooking foods I miss. It may not be the same but at least some taste will there.

Anonymous said...

zalimnya...

Anonymous said...

Dah tak larat meleleh dah aku ni ... look at the "mamak" fried mee... fuh !!!

Apandi said...

jt & anon, thats the idea kah kah kah,

just kidding, here I am watching jamie on astro working on all those fresh greens and fruits and cheeses that are so expensive (if it can be found) here...

lan, that mee mamak is one of the tastiest...

Unknown said...

Capt... how come nowadays you blog about makan only ek? Is it now your new found interest?

BTW when was the last time you had your cholesterol & uric acid level checked? I'm just curious to know...

Apandi Reviews said...

Lan, makan is my interest since I was born. Health checks has been done recently - last month - can do lahh.

As far as blogging, I just put down whatever I think is interesting as they occur, just so happen that I eat at new places lately...

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.