Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Yong Tau Foo @ ARENA




The reason I am putting this up is because this is one of the best yong tau foo I had in a long time, including compared to that famous place in Ampang. Why did I say that ? First, I go nuts over the choices available, best of all, they have a good selection of veggies. Even broccoli... and its all fresh and tasty. I ordered mine in soup, which is very light and fragrant. Asked for an empty plate and enjoyed it both in soup and dunked in sauce. The sauce too is just nice with no cloying taste to it. To give an extra kick, I got the birds eye chili in salty soy sauce. Heavenly.

The test for me came after the meal actually. In most places there is a distinct aftertaste that is most likely caused by the MSG or whatever chemicals they use. Not here. No aftertaste at all, just a fuzzy, full feeling of satisfaction.

Cost for a huge bowl with me trying to cram everything into it = RM 16.47. Well worth it.
Wifey on the other hand decides to go western an ordered a black pepper sirloin steak. It was a scam, its definitely NOT sirloin. More like tough beef which should be in a rendang instead of a steak. The black pepper sauce is too fiery even for me. Bad choice. Did not ask how much she paid for it. Even if it was only RM 5 - yeah right - not worth it.

The venue for these meal is in ARENA Food Court, 1 Utama, Bandar Utama. Get there early, especially weekends to get your parking space. Stroll around and get a bite by noon.

4 comments:

J.T. said...

Oh! the Yong Tau Foo looks yummy. I miss Malaysian food ... :(

That's it, tonight I am making my Curry Noodles and sambal on the side. :)

Anonymous said...

Please don't do this during fasting month k.

Unknown said...

Semat Menyambut Ramadhan Al Mubarak kepada semua

Apandi Reviews said...

Sorry guys, busy a bit. Will be back soon....

Selamat berpuasa to you too.