Saturday, September 1, 2007

Turk Lokanntasi @ Mekah

We had a mid morning meal at this restaurant in Mekah. Its along the same road as the New Safa Hotel. Nice cool seating area in the top floor. Note that there's a huge bottle of hot sauce and salt on each table. Malaysian taste buds will definitely need the hot sauce to add the requisite kick to their meal.

The free bread that came with the chicken curry. Unlike here, where we buy the bread and get the curry for free, in Mekah, you buy the curry and get bread for free. Pretty good deal actually. The bread was fresh, nice, soft and tasty. Not as good as the one from the Pakistani restaurant (did not bring my camera there - so no review), but good nonetheless.

The Turkish version of the chicken curry. Seems more like a light tomato based soup to me with very subtle hint of spices. Fresh, light and tasty even though it is not what I would expect a curry to be.

Half a bird. Plain roast chicken. Goes great with the hot sauce. Definitely not the roasters from Ayamas that we were used to.

Pasta, as the veggies were either not ready or we were not adventurous enough to try those that are available. A bit bland but palatable.


We had two kinds of rice. Totally scrumptious. I favoured the white one while my other half go for the yellow. Definitely amongst the best rice that I have ever tasted. Strangely, they do not serve hot drinks and we have to make do with plain mineral water even though what we were hankering after is a good long teh tarik.

Total cost for the four of us about RM45.00. Not bad and highly recommended for those needing a break from the daily meal provided by the organiser.

1 comment:

J.T. said...

Food looks tasty. Between middle eastern food and Pakistani, I think I would go for the latter.

The yellow rice would be my choice, only because I see raisins in it. :)