Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nikon service - III


Dear Nikon;

Gong Xi Fa Cai. May the Ox bring health, fortune and happiness...

I have got my D700 back. Thank you. However, today I just noticed that
the bottom plate (the one circled in orange in the attached photo) is
missing. Would be much appreciated if you could mail the part to me
soonest possible as the I fear for any problem that may result due to
the exposed contacts. My details is as follows:

Address, numbers and emails.

Thank you and happy new year.


Dear [not so] valued customer:

Good morning to you.
Please do pop by to collect from us at our service center.
Just print out this mail and show to our service staff at the counter. Will assist you from there.
Have a wonderful day.

Thank You.

Nikon Malaysia


Tells so much about the customer service doesn't it ? It was their mistake and I merely requested for them to mail the small plastic piece to me. No apologies were offered, instead they wanted me to go trough all the hassle of going to see them to correct their mistake ? Come on, they should be personally delivering the piece to me.

Perhaps the postal cost is too much or they are too busy to have anyone stuff the thing in an envelope and mail it to me. This, on top of almost two months waiting for a top of the line, brand new product to be repaired. Either way I am not too pleased.

Nikon's (Malaysia) only saving grace so far is the good equipments they have. No wonder the forums are rife with service complaints.

2 comments:

Azlan said...

Shud I change my set to Canon?

Apandi Reviews said...

Nolah, get the D3x instead with a couple of f2.8's he he he