Thursday, December 27, 2007

HTC Touch Dual


I have been using the Dopod 838pro for quite some months. A great device yet my craving for new gadgets could only be staved off for so long. A logical progression would be to go for the HTC Tytyn but I just don't fancy a similarly sized device. I wanted something smaller and lighter.

I bought the Sony Ericsson P1i which has a keyboard - errr, if you could call it that. RM 1,500 for the AP Set with a 1GB memory card. Big mistake, I don't expect it to behave like Windows Mobile but I do expect it to be elegant. It was not. I had a steep learning curve and was quickly frustrated. I ended up giving the thing to my daughter.

It was only then that I saw the HTC Touch Dual. RM 2,350 with a 2 GB micro SD card. Small size with physical sliding keyboard. So far so good. It lacks Wi-Fi though but its not a big deal as surfing on the tiny screen would be torture.

Bottom line, windows mobile user should stick to their OS or try the iPhone...

No comments: