Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Mac & I

I had the opportunity to play around with the new 2008 Mac book for about a month or so. Beautifully engineered. The physical construction is excellent and I really liked it. However, personally, I just don't have the time nor patience to switch from Windows to Mac.

It does almost all the things that I have been doing in Windows well except for the part on managing my photos. Basic things done in windows i.e. resizing becomes a chore (my ignorance may be the cause...). Since I don't have the patience, its back to windows. Though quirky, it works for me.

I loved the slot loading media player which caused me to discover VLC - to override the region code restrictions on DVD's - which is a crap policy. The notebook is used to travel, your travel may bring you to different regions of the world. The region code basically says that if you want to view a DVD bought in say region 1 then you need to buy a notebook from region 1 !!! Idiots. BTW, VLC also have a version for windows which so far works well. No need to flash the drive to free your notebook from this stupid policy.

I absolutely adore the mag save power charger, so elegant.

Even the charger is well designed and a thing of beauty. Alas, the Mac is not for me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

apa ni? jgn la gitu pandi...second chance la...