Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lunch @ Amcorp

More like a late afternoon snack really. It was a hectic day, I missed lunch at the appointed hour and was reminded of my hunger by a grumble in my stomach. Since I had to do some waiting, I decided to look for something to eat. Not Mc D again. Luckily, or so I thought, there is a restaurant next to the Mc D outlet. Looks nice and there's an outside dining area to enjoy the late afternoon breeze or errr to smoke.

Peruse the menu quickly and ordered the Pineapple Fried Rice Thai Style. Imagining a tasty, sumptuous rice dish served in a pineapple boat. Instead, what I got is in the photo above. Portion was small, for protein it had only two prawns and one piece of chicken in it. Accompanied by a slice each of cucumber and tomato, slivers of carrots and some shredded thin omelets. Definitely not worth the price RM6.90 charged for it. As far as taste is concerned, that failed too. Nothing special and no hint of the Thainess that its supposed to have. It does have a few pieces of pineapple though.

The watermelon juice on the other hand was excellent. Cool, sweet and not watery. If I am in Amcorp again, I will visit this place again and may try something else. Why ? The ambiance of the outside dining area is really nice as it fronted the garden and the lake. Nice place to relax and chill. Just don't order the Pineapple Fried Rice Thai Style.

No comments: