Monday, January 7, 2008

Nokia E90



Peer pressure and changing communication needs saw me succumbing to swiping the ever willing CC. The previous PDA phone that lasted quite a while was the Dopod 838pro. Used it for about a year perhaps a bit less or a bit more. Did not get nor make much calls then, so its more PDA centric functions suits me well. As the calls get more regular, I used the lowly Motorola 220 (if I am not mistaken) but its sorely lacking in PDA functionality. This made me get the HTC Touch Dual which has a sliding keypad which brought it closer to a phone than a PDA. However, its quite fiddly and though it has a nice iPhonesque touch-flo interface, it still does not suit my needs.

I have been eyeing the E90 for quite some time yet its bulk held me back. Since there are no other phones - oh, I did use the Sony Ericsson's P1i for a couple of days - gave it to my daughter, I'll just have to make do.

The best feature so far is its Internet capability. Sweet 800 pixel wide screen allowing browsing to almost any site including maybank2u. Excellent. Sadly, its FM radio is terrible. The lowly Motorola functions much better. Its only been a couple of days but I am really warming up to it unlike the P1i. Oh, synchronising with MS Outlook is painless and quick. Even firmware updates is smooth w/o any heart stopping moments.

The cheapest in Kuala Lumpur/PJ now is at RM2,890 with AP warranty but must be paid in cash. Otherwise its RM3,200 with basic accessory. Authorised retail is RM3,888.00.

2 comments:

Azlan said...

So dah beli dah E90? HTC boleh la sedekah kat aku kan?

Apandi Reviews said...

Bolum mampu laie nak sedokah kat ekau, kalau nak boli buleh gak dipikirkan...